Opportunities for Superintendent
Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading Construction Manager, Design Builder, and General Contractor specializing in Institutional, Commercial, Multi-family Residential, and Industrial projects. Committed to continuous improvement, employee development, and internal promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 105 years.
The Superintendent oversees the onsite construction process and is responsible for and limited to construction daily activities assigned to established intended design. This can include planning and scheduling, organizing, directing and controlling activities of the manpower allocated. A Superintendent is required to oversee the construction process and be responsible for all construction activities within established design, budget and schedule guidelines.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Organize, direct and control activities on the job site.
- Maintaining the Bockstael Brand with all clients, employees, trade partners and supply chain partners.
- Champion and provide leadership that promotes a safe work culture.
- Prepare schedules and assess manpower needs.
- Work closely with the site manager, project manager, owner, consultant, trade contractors, inspectors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective project delivery.
- Achieve project schedule milestones, corrective action where necessary to meet key milestone dates.
- Manage a project using the using the Lean Last Planner System. Focus for this role will be the day-to-day execution.
- Oversee execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crews work to job specifications and follow drawings.
- Ability to work in the city of Winnipeg, with flexibility travel within Manitoba may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Gold Seal, CET certification or engineering education.
- Working on large, complex projects with a construction value over $10 million dollars.
- Five or more years of experience in the industry leading construction teams that involve multiple trades and construction disciplines, preferably in the ICI sector, and mid/high rise multifamily projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé, indicating explaining about why they would be a good candidate for this exciting opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.