Opportunity for Project Manager
Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading Construction Manager, Design Builder, and General Contractor specializing in Institutional, Commercial, Multi-family Residential, and Industrial projects. Committed to continuous improvement, employee development, and internal promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 105 years.
The Project Manager (PM) is required to manage the overall success of construction projects, ranging in size and complexity. The PM is accountable to and takes direction from the VP of Construction.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensure the successful completion of the project, its profitability and for retaining the owner as a client for life.
- Maintain the Bockstael Brand with all clients, employees, trade partners and supply chain partners.
- Serve as the main company representative to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Maintain safety standards in all aspects of projects.
- Proactively identify, address and resolve issues/problems as or before they occur.
- Prepare and manage project budgets. Track project progress, variances and recovery. Mitigate potential risk and provide accurate forecasts.
- Manage project controls staff to provide accurate and timely project administration/contract administration including: price change orders, track requests for information, review of shop drawings, document control and communication to all stakeholders.
- Manage site delivery staff to ensure that scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety and planning targets are achieved.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an engineering, technology, or related degree program.
- Minimum five or more years of experience in the construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction; lean, quality, earned value, technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, estimating, scheduling, safety, design and management.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable record of success on projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills with effective decision-making capabilities.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task with ease.
- Self-starter, and possess a strong work ethic with a self-imposed desire to exceed everyday expectations.
- High degree of technical accuracy.
- Sound decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé, indicating why they would be a good candidate for this exciting opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.