Opportunity for Superintendent
Bockstael Construction Limited is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors, Construction Managers and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 100 years.
A Superintendent is required to oversee the construction process and be responsible for all construction activities within established design, budget and schedule guidelines.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Organize, direct and control activities on the job site.
- Champion and provide leadership that promotes a safe work culture.
- Prepare schedules and assess manpower needs.
- Work closely with the project manager, owner, consultant, trade contractors, inspectors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective project delivery.
- Achieve project schedule milestones, develop accurate forecasts and identify weekly deliverables for own forces and trades. Implement corrective action where necessary to meet key milestone dates.
- Oversee execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crews work to job specifications and follow drawings.
- Travel within the province of Manitoba as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Gold Seal, Red Seal and/or CET certification.
- Eight or more years of experience in the construction industry leading construction teams involving multiple trades and construction disciplines, preferably in the ICI sector.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.