Opportunity for Project Manager
Bockstael Construction Limited is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors, Construction Managers and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 106 years.
The Project Manager is required to manage the overall success of construction projects, ranging in size and complexity. Reporting to the Director of Project Delivery.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining the Bockstael Brand with all clients, employees, trade partners and supply chain partners.
- Serving as the main company representative to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Ensuring the successful completion of the project and its profitability, and for retaining the owner as a client for life.
- Preparing and managing project budgets. Track project progress, variances and recovery. Mitigate potential risk and provide accurate forecasts.
- Managing project controls’ staff to ensure accurate and timely project/contract administration, including price change orders, tracking requests for information, review of shop drawings, document control and communication to all stakeholders.
- Managing site delivery staff to ensure that scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety and planning targets are achieved.
- Proactively identify, address and resolve issues/problems as or before they occur.
- Maintaining safety standards in all aspects of projects.
Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task with ease.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a self-imposed desire to exceed every-day expectations.
- High degree of technical accuracy.
- Sound decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an engineering, technology, or related degree program.
- Minimum five or more years of experience in the construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction: lean, quality, earned value, technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, estimating, scheduling, safety, design and management.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable record of success on projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills with effective decision-making capabilities.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resumé to email@example.com. We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.