Opportunity for Project Estimator
Bockstael Construction Limited is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors, Construction Managers and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 100 years.
The Project Estimator is responsible for the preparation of bids and the pre-construction cost management of small to large scale projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work, bid strategy, and required contents of estimates
- Perform quantity take-offs and assemble cost estimates, including obtaining material supply and subcontractor quotations, and closing tenders
- Develop pre-bid construction schedule, alternative pricing and additional requirements to provide complete and compliant tender submission
- Participate in construction management or design-build project development activities including set-up of sub-trade tender packages, project planning, cost saving alternatives and control estimate development
- Collaborates with the team to develop, recommend and implement the project execution plan after being awarded the project
- Prepare project budgets from preliminary design information
Required skills include but are not limited to:
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with a self-imposed desire to exceed everyday expectations
- High degree of detail orientation and technical accuracy in numerical calculations
- Sound decision-making and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Preference will be given to the candidates with the following qualifications:
- Technical graduate in Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Engineering, or equivalent, GSC an asset
- 5+ years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of an Estimator or Bid Manager. This experience should include a full range of project delivery methods including tenders and construction management
- Proven skills in quantity takeoffs and construction cost estimating techniques
- Excellent conceptual estimating skills and design-build experience
- Team Leadership skills
- Understanding of civil engineering and construction processes
- Experience using Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) technology
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé, indicating salary expectations, and position title to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2019.
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.