Opportunity for Field Coordinator – Gillam, MB
Bockstael Construction is looking to add another quality member to our team. If you are interested in leading the way in lean construction, innovation, and collaborative building; please get in touch!
Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading General Contractor, Construction Manager and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 106 years.
The Field Coordinator is accountable for all field coordination required to construct the project. The Field Coordinator is accountable and takes direction from the Project Superintendent, and Project Manager. This position will be located in Gillam, Manitoba, and the employee must be willing to relocate for 6-8 months, northern wage premium applies, flights, accommodations and meals are included. There is a possibility of the term, leading to full-time employment, within the City of Winnipeg.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and processing shop drawings for on-site action.
- Record field change on As-Builts, which include site directions, notices and extra work.
- Setting up and maintaining site project filing system.
- Ensuring the contract documents (drawings and specs) in use on the project are the latest version.
- Keeping project documents up-to-date and completing record drawings.
- Coordinating and assisting with information distribution to subcontractor and own forces.
- Producing and logging project photographic records.
- Updating actual work performed quantities, weekly.
- Write and compile weekly site report for PM review including HS&E section.
- Write and compile monthly site report for PM review.
- Update workforce reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and track all applicable clearance forms for the jobsite (PRA’s, Equity etc.).
- Preparing quantities for ordering and for project costing.
- Preparing quantity take-off where directed.
- Coordinating consultant, third party and AHJ inspections.
- Monitoring the Quality Plan, and conducting site quality reviews.
- Create and complete Daily Field Reports.
- Perform daily safety inspections with Superintendent and ensure HIT forms are filled out by all trades.
- Perform daily FTQ inspections with Superintendent.
- Update schedule weekly with Project Manager and Superintendent.
Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; Strong organizational skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively and professionally in fast paced working environment.
- Proficiency in MS Projects is required.
- Knowledge of field work, estimating and quantity surveying
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
Preference will be given to the candidates with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an engineering, technology, or related diploma or degree program.
- 1-5 years of experience in the construction or engineering industry along with self-directed continued education.
- On-site construction experience in any capacity.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction; lean, quality, earned value, technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, estimating, scheduling, safety, design and management.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.