Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading Construction Manager, Design Builder, and General Contractor specializing in Social Infrastructure, Commercial, Multi-Family Residential, and Industrial projects. We are fueled by an unwavering commitment to continuously improve and provide an exceptional client experience. Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 109 years by focusing on employee development and internal promotion.
The Proposal & Design Coordinator is primarily responsible for the design and delivery of construction proposals, as well as designing and developing marketing collateral, digital advertising and other branding related tasks and projects. The Coordinator will report to the Business Development Manager and will work closely with the Business Development team to execute on the proposals, marketing initiatives, and corporate communications.
This role is ideally suited for someone with a strong background and experience in graphic design (particularly proposal, magazine, or catalogue layouts), has a good understanding of communications, and who has a drive to grow within the role. It is a dynamic position that demands both creativity and organizational aptitude. You will be working with a team that collaborates, strives for excellence, and aims to produce exceptional outcomes.
- Graphic design and content creation for proposals, social media posts, advertisements, and marketing collateral (60%)
- Involved in digital marketing, internal communications, corporate branding, and sponsorships (30%)
- Manages brand inventory of company marketing collateral and visual assets (photography, logos, graphics, video, etc.) (10%)
- Design proposal themes and layouts
- Work with the Business Development team to respond to RFPs and other requests
- Design and manage inventory of sales/marketing collateral
- Maintain database of project profiles and staff resumes in company files and in online system
- Develop the use of automated proposal software tool for future speed / ease of use.
- Online CRM data entry as required
- Assist in the development and deployment of digital marketing strategies
- Create and coordinate Social Media and web graphics
- Website assistance as required – posting photos, blogs, project profiles
- Post to social media, as required
Visual Asset Management
- Maintain inventory of proposal graphics and company photography
- Manage company brand guidelines
- Coordinate photography, when required
Branding, Sponsorships & Corporate Communication
- Ensure company brand guidelines are being used/followed in external facing documents, signage, company branded merchandise, sponsorships, etc.
- Central point of contact for Promotional Merchandise – ordering and design
- Assists with the development of site signage and the application of sign guidelines
- Design ads and other marketing materials, coordinate with event managers for sponsorships, assist Business Development manager in tracking of sponsorships
- Assist in creating internal communications, company newsletters, materials for internal/external events as they occur, etc.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects
- Organized and takes ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Creative and collaborative – brings a lot of ideas to the table and likes to work with others to develop concepts and can execute on them.
- Visual Storyteller – excellent at designing layouts for proposals, magazines, etc. with an ability to connect visual graphics to text. Has a strong understanding of typography and hierarchy of fonts.
- Communication skills – good understanding of grammar, spelling, and storytelling.
- Has desire to grow their role.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications
- 5-7 years’ experience in graphic design and/or creative communications
- Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or other related post-secondary/education with a high level of competency in graphic design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Experience in the Office 360 programs – Word, Powerpoint, etc. Knowledge formatting and designing templates within these programs.
- Experience in WordPress, social media management/scheduling platforms, Mailchimp or similar is an asset.
- Experience in digital video an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and effectively deal with diverse personalities.
- Professional demeanor and courteous/helpful manner.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé, indicating salary expectations, to email@example.com by July 23rd, 2021.