Exciting Opportunity Available for High Rise Construction Project in Saskatoon, SK
Bockstael Construction is looking to add another quality member to our team. If you are interested in leading the way in lean construction, innovation, and collaborative building; please get in touch!
Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading General Contractor, Construction Manager and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 105 years.
This is an exciting high rise project located in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, and the project is expected to take two (2) years to construct. A Superintendent is required to manager the construction process and is responsible for construction activities as part of a team managing a condo and hotel concrete high-rise build.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Organize, direct and control activities on the job site.
- Maintaining the Bockstael Brand with all clients, employees, trade partners and supply chain partners.
- Champion and provide leadership that promotes a safe work culture.
- Prepare schedules and assess manpower needs.
- Work closely with the site manager, project manager, owner, consultant, trade contractors, inspectors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective project delivery.
- Achieve project schedule milestones, corrective action where necessary to meet key milestone dates.
- Manage a component of the condo or hotel build using the using the last planner system. Focus for this role will be the day to day execution.
- Oversee execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crews work to job specifications and follow drawings.
- Located in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, some travel to Manitoba may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Gold Seal, CET certification or engineering education.
- Five or more years of experience in the construction industry leading construction teams involving multiple trades and construction disciplines, preferably in the ICI sector.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé explaining why they would be a good candidate for this exciting opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2017.