Opportunity for Experienced Project Director
Bockstael Construction is looking to add another quality member to our team. If you are interested in leading the way in lean construction, innovation, and collaborative building; please get in touch!
Bockstael Construction Limited is a leading General Contractor, Construction Manager and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 105 years.
The Project Director (PD) will oversee a number of projects. The PD works with the team to ensure that the project is executed in a timely and efficient manner and is accountable for the overall success of the project(s). Coaching and mentoring is a key underpinning of this role. The PD will organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide and mentor the team throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Protects and promotes the interests of Bockstael Construction. Communicates and reinforces the Company mission, vision and values, and ensures that the Project Delivery Team is acting in a manner which supports the Bockstael brand.
- Oversee the total construction project to ensure it is built according to design, budget and schedule.
- Familiarize the project team with the terms of the project contract (contract with owner) and proposal.
- Review the project execution plan for each project, defining the goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate regularly with clients to assess their needs and expectations, to ensure accurate delivery of specifications and manage any issues through to resolution Lead and mentor the project team to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Liaise with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, etc.
- Attend select client, sub trade and site meetings to keep abreast of major project activities.
- Provide construction direction and oversight to the project team.
- Monitor project cost and schedule performance and work with the Project Manager to develop a corrective actions plan.
- Review all project costs to ensure completion is within budget. Ensure the integrity of the job margin analysis.
- Review all documentation relating to quality control.
- Identifies claim potential from either Owners or sub trades and takes appropriate action to eliminate or mitigate the risk.
- Assists the Project Manager with problem or conflict resolution.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to the Management Oversight Committee through Bockstael’ s Project Executive.
- Documents best practices to share with other projects; ensures best construction methods are used
- Ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
- Participate in project post-mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to others in the progression of their role.
- Fosters team camaraderie.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Gold Seal, CET certification or engineering education.
- 15 or more years of experience in the construction industry in progressive project management or operations management experience
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Present a professional, calm and respectful image while interfacing with the members of the organization and clients
- Proven ability to mentor within the “Bockstael Culture”
- Full understanding of construction contracts
- Full understanding of Client, Consultant, Internal communication nuances
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé explaining why they would be a good candidate for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2017