Opportunity for Project Coordinator
Bockstael Construction Limited is one of Manitoba’s leading General Contractors, Construction Managers and Design Builders specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Industrial projects. Committed to employee development and promotion, Bockstael has been building its success on the strength of its people for over 100 years
The Project Coordinator assists the project team with responsibility for project controls. The Project Coordinator assumes responsibility to liaise with site, design consultants, trade contractors, and suppliers on a regular basis to ensure timely availability of technical information.
This includes, but not limited to:
- Administer and manage the change order process including; communication, quantity take-offs, pricing, negotiating, processing, assessing cost and schedule impact. Prepares change documents for Project Manager Review.
- Create the MS Projects master schedule with assistance from the Superintendent and Project Manager. Reviews the project schedule on a regular basis with the Superintendent and Project Manager and updates the contract schedule on MS Projects.
- Work with the Superintendent to update weekly work plans.
Project Coordination & Reporting:
- Support the Project Manager in all phases of work.
- Manage the shop drawing process. Review Shop Drawings for adherence with the specification and distribute to the correct parties for coordination.
- Assist the superintendent with RFI requests. Review the drawings and specifications to assess need for information requests.
- Prepare complete monthly project report for Project Manager Review.
- Cost Code allocation control and monitoring.
Skills include, but are not limited to:
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; Strong organizational skills.
- Solid Interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively and professionally in fast paced working environment.
- Proficiency in MS Projects is required.
- Knowledge of field work, estimating and quantity surveying.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
Preference will be given to the candidates with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an engineering, technology, or related diploma or degree program.
- 1-5 years of experience in the construction or engineering industry along with self-directed continued education.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, estimating, scheduling and safety), design and management.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed résumé to email@example.com indicating salary expectations, and opportunity they are interested in.
We thank all individuals who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.